Friday 10 February 2012

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

In the process of constructing this product I have learnt how to use many new forms of technology which I could never use before. Here are the following technologies I have mastered:







 Imovie was the most vital piece of technology i have learned to use whilst constructing this product as it allowed me to have full control of editing and saving my production.  From this i have learned how to completely manipulate and re-arrange footage in order to make an effective Prelim and Thriller. Idvd allows you to insert transitions between shots such as fade to black or cross blur which makes it run very smoothly. Imovie allowed us to cancell background noise and add non diegetic sound over the top as well as varying the volume at different parts of the Thriller which helps add tension. Imovie also gave me the oppotinity to add a range of effects to the shots such as High Contrast or 'Vignette'(as used in the first pan shot).



 idvd  helped me burn my product to disc, this made distribution easier and seemed to validate it as a product.

Audacity was the program we used to edit our soundtrack; we recorded the self composed soundtrack straight onto my laptop using audacity and then used the editing feature to cancell out any background noise and to smooth the sound. This program helped me record and edit an effective soundtrack


All of the software and programs above have effectively helped my produce my final product, previously I would not of known how to edit and create a film but Imovie and Idvd make it simple for independent film producers such as myself to produce high quality films. I did not only learn how to use software when creating this product but I also drastically improved my filming skills, ensuring smooth shots and effective angles.

No comments:

Post a Comment